16/09/07

Silence and Violence



Violence is beyond my understanding. I never understand why people are fighting or why they are killing each other? Sometimes I would try to figure out their mental state, I don’t know may be they are just blind and live in the darkness. I don’t understand what drive one to take arm against the other? We are mortals and will leave the earth one day, what is the need to kill?
I really feel pity for the perpetures when I hear of a bomb blast or a riot. What force somebody to kill innocent people? What they achieve through this soulless act? I feel violence is an act of a mean mind, an act of a thoughtless head that has no respect for the self or others.
We have immense of examples in history of violence and bloodshed. We have traveled a long way forward in the area of development. We landed on Moon, explored space and make possible things that are considered impossible few years back. But our minds are not grown at par with our development. We are still the same (even worse) human beings who commit savage acts.
Violence is there in every society. Sophisticated west can hide that under the carpet unlike other societies where life is a constant struggle. We are forced to see violence in our drawing room in the form of riots, ethnic wars and explosions around the world.

Can’t we get away from violence? I have seen many times police beating up defenseless people; I don’t know what their crime is. I witnessed even the public handling the petty criminals in the same way. But I hardly have seen anybody raising voice against this inhuman act. This silence about violence is a dangerous trend than violence itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.