21/10/09

Yes, we are like this

One more festival is over with lot of sound and fury. Deepavali is considered a festival of lights, but it seems a festival of noise (crackers). It is a nice festival with a great concept of light over darkness or victory of the good against the evil. But we, Indians love noise too much and burst crackers on each festival and each victory. I am not able to understand the psychology behind bursting crackers. If I express my anxiety to fellow Indians, many would n’t take that seriously. Because we are all used to noise and if there is silence, we will ask why? I remember how my relatives and friends surprised about my silent nature as a child. They always bothered me with a question, ‘why you don’t speak?’ Speak what? I never understood what they were asking and what I was supposed to speak. Now I know that we just want everybody to open their mouth and utter any nonsense.
Yes we are Indians, we love noise and we are waiting for any opportunity to make more noise :-)

No comments: